Thursday, December 3, 2009

School Days!

Ugh I know its been forever since I have updated. We had taken a step back and re focused on our approach to home schooling. It seems that public did more harm to my kids than I had originally thought. Their concepts of learning were extremely distorted. I had to completely review a whole years worth of learning with each child and that is where we are now. Reviewing all core subjects and adding some social studies and science too. I really think I need to go to a box system come next year, although I know some parents are quite against that system of learning, I think my children will benefit more from that type of learning than making up my own curriculum. As it is we will more than likely school year round to get in our 180 days, but I will loosen up on the summer work and add more outdoors adventures.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog.

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete